12/1/21 • Good Enough
In our world today, almost everyone and everything is measured to a certain standard. The best athletes make it onto the best teams, the smartest kids make it into the best schools and the best-looking people often get the best opportunities. In light of this, it’s fair to ask this question about God: How good is good enough for God? Join us this week as we learn what Mark 10 says about this.
TAKE HOME CHALLENGE
- If you were going to play a professional sport, what would it be and why? Do you think you would be good enough to make the cut? Why or why not?
- If you were to apply to get into an elite university, which one would it be and why? Do you think you would be good enough to get in? Why or why not?
- What stuck out to you most from the message and why?
- What are some other ways that our world is built around this idea of being “good enough?”
- How did Jesus respond to the question from the rich, young ruler? Why is this important for us to understand today?
- Why do you think the man went away sad after Jesus told him to sell all his possessions?
- Why can’t riches, good works, or good morals earn God’s love? See Ephesians 2:8-9. If good works earned God’s love, what would that say about the death of Jesus?
- Look back at II Peter 3:18 and II Corinthians 5:21. What do these passages say that Jesus has done for those of us who could never be “good enough” on our own?
- What things can potentially take the place of God in our lives? What things could you be tempted to value above God?
TAKE HOME CHALLENGE
- What is one way you can respond to the message you heard tonight?
- How can you remember what you heard tonight?
- Who else needs to hear this message? Are you willing to share it with them?
1/7-1/13 • Reading Plan • Habakkuk 11/6/21 • Habakkuk • 1 • The Question1/14-1/20 • Reading Plan • Habakkuk 21/13/21 • Habakkuk • 2 • Hope and Faith1/21-1/27 • Reading Plan • Habakkuk 31/20/21 • Habakkuk • 3 • Is God, God of your life?1/28-2/3 • Reading Plan • Psalm 11/27/21 - Habakkuk - 4 - Hope in God
10/14 • Real Friends • 1 • Parent Cue10/8-10/14 - Reading Plan - Colossians 410/14/20 - Real Friends - 1 - Looking for Friendship?10/15-10/21 • Reading Plan • Philippians 110/21/20 • Real Friends • 2 • Inner Circle10/22-10/28 - Reading Plan - Philippians 210/29-11/4 • Reading Plan • Philippians 310/28/20 • Real Friends • 3 • When Friendships End
11/5-11/11 • Reading Plan • Philippians 411/4/20 • Real Friends • 4 • Being there for friends11/12-11/18 • Reading Plan • 1 Peter 111/19-11/25 • Reading Plan • 1 Peter 211/18/20 • It Is Written • 1 • Calming the Storm11/26-12/2 • Reading Plan • 1 Peter 312/3-12/9 • Reading Plan • 1 Peter 412/2/20 • It Is Written • 2 • Enter the Kingdom of God