11/10/21 • The Death & Life of Lazarus • Week 2
In this two-week series, we are looking at the death and life of Lazarus (not "life and death," because that's mixing up the order!) This series looks at the death that comes into our lives and when situations don't go the way we expect. Then, it looks at the amazing power of God who is able to resurrect any dead situation and breathe life into any circumstance.
Scripture: John 11:17-44
Scripture: John 11:17-44
- We always hear about how “Jesus brings life.” How would you explain what this means to someone who has never heard about Jesus before?
- In your life, you will never fully understand why everything happens, and why God doesn’t always show up in the way you’d expect.
- How does that make you feel?
- Can someone really have a strong faith in God even if they don’t understand everything? Why or why not?
- Read Philippians 4:12-13.
- Paul’s famous quote of “I can do all things through Christ,” comes right after talking about facing difficulties. How can this apply to our lives?
- Read Romans 8:35-37.
- If we are facing all kinds of struggles (like listed in verse 35), how can we still have victory (like verse 37 says)?
- Respond to this statement: “It’s one thing to know that God exists, it’s another thing to know that God actually cares.” Do you agree or disagree? Why?
- John 11:35, the shortest verse in the Bible, says “Jesus wept.”
- What does it mean for your life to know that we have a God who cares enough to weep over us?
- What is the difference between trusting in what God can do and trusting in who He is?
- In your own life, which do you tend to put more trust in—what God can do or who He is?
- Respond to this statement: “If you are in a relationship with Jesus, then there is no such thing as hopelessness.” Do you agree or disagree? Why?
- Spend time praying for each other.
- Pray that each person would experience the life and hope that comes only through Jesus.
- Pray that God would bring life out of any difficult circumstances that may come their way.
Posted in Lessons - Students
1/7-1/13 • Reading Plan • Habakkuk 11/6/21 • Habakkuk • 1 • The Question1/14-1/20 • Reading Plan • Habakkuk 21/13/21 • Habakkuk • 2 • Hope and Faith1/21-1/27 • Reading Plan • Habakkuk 31/20/21 • Habakkuk • 3 • Is God, God of your life?1/28-2/3 • Reading Plan • Psalm 11/27/21 - Habakkuk - 4 - Hope in God
10/14 • Real Friends • 1 • Parent Cue10/8-10/14 - Reading Plan - Colossians 410/14/20 - Real Friends - 1 - Looking for Friendship?10/15-10/21 • Reading Plan • Philippians 110/21/20 • Real Friends • 2 • Inner Circle10/22-10/28 - Reading Plan - Philippians 210/29-11/4 • Reading Plan • Philippians 310/28/20 • Real Friends • 3 • When Friendships End
11/5-11/11 • Reading Plan • Philippians 411/4/20 • Real Friends • 4 • Being there for friends11/12-11/18 • Reading Plan • 1 Peter 111/19-11/25 • Reading Plan • 1 Peter 211/18/20 • It Is Written • 1 • Calming the Storm11/26-12/2 • Reading Plan • 1 Peter 312/3-12/9 • Reading Plan • 1 Peter 412/2/20 • It Is Written • 2 • Enter the Kingdom of God